Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hunt and Peck? The Two Finger Polka?
  (That's No Way to Get a Novel Written!)


I found this old chart at a garage sale last summer.  I have yet to decipher it's strange meaning, but I'm betting those tattoos on the fingers mean something important! And It's obviously from the Nixon Era, when typewriters were heavily in vogue.

So, In a grand attempt to improve my typing (and giving my other six fingers something to do) I am using this chart to learn proper typing technique.  After this post, that is, which was completely typed using two fingers and a thumb!

Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I exaggerate! I can use three or four fingers to type, but it's a random key thing! Complete chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee :) I absolutely hated 5th grade typing, but now I'm grateful for it. I can do almost 70 wpm. Now, knowing what 70 words to write in that one minute is a whole different story...

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete

~The Writers Den on Twitter~

~The Writers Den on Twitter~
Tap This!